VETERANS AID & ATTENDANCE (A&A)
Need To Know
Links of Interest
VETERANS AID & ATTENDANCEVeterans and survivors who are eligible for a VA pension and require the aid and attendance of another person, or are housebound, may be eligible for additional monetary payment. These benefits are paid in addition to monthly pension, and they are not paid without eligibility to Pension.
2018 Benefit Amounts
- Veteran - $1,881
- Married Veteran and Spouse - $2,230
- Surviving Spouse - $1,209
- Dependent Spouse - $1,477
- Asset Limit = $123,600 + Home + Car
- One must also be incurring healthcare expenses which exceed their monthly income. Healthcare expenses can include Private Duty Home Care or Assisted Living Facility expenses.